Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies with Peanuts and Marshmallows
I have emerged from the depths of the blogging world where I have been hiding for quite some time now… with a delectable cookie recipe! I don’t usually hang on to cookie recipes, as I always figure I can hunt down something even more delicious. Nope. This one is for keeps. The original recipe is from here; however, I didn’t have any pb m&ms handy, so I improvised (though I suspect the original recipe is also great). These are a fragile and perhaps not-too-pretty variety of cookie, but the taste makes up for it.
Facts that were reconfirmed while making these cookies:
- Peanut butter is a pain in the butt to clean.
- PB & Chocolate is such an unbeatable combo that point #1 is moot.
See below for the recipe and ingredients! Also… try not to eat these for breakfast AND lunch like I did. Not healthy. Not at all.
Ingredients (Yield ~ 2 dozen):
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts (halved)
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet.
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Add in peanut butter, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Cream sugars with the butter mixture.
- Add in egg, vanilla, and milk. Mix until smooth.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add this into the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Lastly, mix in chocolate chips, peanuts, and marshmallows.
- Spoon in heaping tablespoons on to the baking sheet- do not flatten out the dough. Bake for about 7-8 minutes and remove while still slightly undercooked. Leave on baking sheet to cool for 5 minutes. *Note:* my cookies puffed up in the oven, but flattened back out and hardened up while cooling.
- VERY carefully transfer to a cooling board and leave to cool completely. If you try to move the cookies too much before they are totally cool, they will fall apart. Enjoy!